Sunday, July 10, 2011

Business Statistics: A First Course (5th Edition)

Levine, Krehbiel and Bereson have teamed up once again to present statistical topics in a business-applied context. Introduction and Data Collection; Presenting Data in Tables and Charts; Numerical Descriptive Measures; Basic Probability; Some Important Discrete Probability Distributions; The Normal Distribution and Other Continuous Distributions; Sampling and Sampling Distributions; Confidence Interval Estimation; Fundamentals of Hypothesis Testing; Two Sample Tests and One-Way Anova; Chi-Square Tests; Simple Linear Regression; Multiple Regression; Statistical Applications in Quality ManagementMARKET: Business Statistics: A First Course comprehensibly provides readers with the information they need to know in order to understand, apply, and utilize statistical data from a business perspective.

Amazon Sales Rank: #40997 in Books Published on: 2009-01-21 Original language: English Number of items: 1 Binding: Paperback 624 pages

Customer most helpful reviews 1 of 1 people found the following review helpful. Good for some, difficult for others by Lisa Shea I'm a university degree in statistics, this book uses. I got an A, so I have a good idea of ​​the material. The teacher tried this book with the first class, so she had no experience. After using the book to the class, she would go to another book. The class that many had difficulty. I must say, for myself and my own experience, I thought the book was pretty good. The examples are interesting introduction. The way the book colors the major issues, so you can quickly find them useful. The explanation was simple. But, as mentioned, many of my colleagues had all sorts of trouble understanding the book. They ended up going online to sites that the issues are explained in more detail to be found, and learned more of their Web searches than they did with the book so it's not a good result. Although I have the latest version of Excel and this book only has instructions for older versions of Excel. This meant I always had to use Excel to do something I was not using the book. I had to use the Web to find out how my tasks. There is a CD included with the book, but I did not use it at all. It was a personal choice, because I wanted my book to sell in pristine CD. I was able to exercise just by writing in my content manually on my own spreadsheet. That is, the CD is not required. I have a problem with the test questions that the book offers to teachers. They were scandalously badly formed. Everyone in the class had problems. There were some issues we found misleading. Since it is very common for teachers to cut and paste the questions in their own book test software, I definitely feel that the book should producers to update their test questions, which originally was going to give this book four stars but after examining all the issues with it, I think I give only three stars. It should definitely be done with a new update this book. Read 1 comments ....

No comments:

Post a Comment